Monday, November 8, 2010

.:: Site Visit! ::.

Last Saturday (6 Nov 2010), my nieces and I went to Petrosains KLCC. This is our first time being there and it was a bit unlucky for us. We are coming from home at Bukit Antarabangsa on 11 am and reached KLCC barely on almost 12. We then headed to Petrosains and trying to get the ticket of 12.30pm admission or 1pm. Unfortunately, the only ticket left is on 4pm or later due to a lot of school visit groups (I totally forgot that UPSR is just ended. So, the student will definitely spend their time left in primary school to do school visit). I then asked the volunteer there about the estimated time to experience all the installation inside. He guaranteed us that two hours is enough and we decided to buy the ticket of 4pm’s admission (Petrosains operates till 6.30pm on weekend).

My ticket

When it’s almost 4pm, we come back to Petrosains but some technical problems occur. Our admission has been postponed to 4.20pm. While waiting for the admission, we hang around at the lobby. There are a lot that can be explored at the lobby - multitouch table showing maps and pictures, informative touch screen application and video messages recording.

We then queue up to start our journey in dark ride. When we reach platform after dark ride, we noticed that some installation are closed on 5pm. But then we continue our trip with some available application. These are the list of the application that I managed to experience and found it interesting.

  1. 3D Projection - a 3d image of car has been projected on a surface. User need to try to grab that car.
  2. SPACE video conference – 2 user s being at difference stations and they can connect to each other by using video conference.
  3. 3Earthquake simulator – User need to sit on a bench and press a button. The bench then start to simulate the earthquake on 3 levels.
  4. Helicopter simulator – user will experience the situation on helicopter to go to oil platform
  5. Interactive floor – the effect of water drop will appear on floor when user step on it
  6. Interactive walls – there are 4 walls; sand rain (something like what I have done during my Gamma 3 – Text rain), Butterfly (butterfly will fly n stay on the shadow), glassball (user can move the ball using shadow and when it hit another balls, it will react), jelly (user can attach and cut the jelly by using their shadow)
  7. Photobooth – i don’t remember the name but user can take picture and apply effects on it like photobooth software in Mac and it captures by motion detection.
  8. Time tunnel – there are a lot of mirror in the tunnel. I can see many people are camwhoring here!
  9. And many more

"Photobooth"
I've lost my phone with all the pictures of the trip in it

I really enjoy my short trip that day. I have learnt a lot about science and also observing how people react on certain installation. I found that the installation with camera have more attraction then others. Maybe I should come again later to experience all the installation there.

No comments: